Local United has teamed up with a number of leading ethical energy suppliers (Cooperative Energy, Green Energy UK, Ecotricity and Good Energy) to offer community groups the chance to benefit from their members switching to one of these suppliers. Local United, through working with established ethical energy companies will create a new sustainable energy sector which embraces co-operative values and acts to bring more choice to consumers.
Here's a chance for you to raise funds at the level of a few hundred pounds up to a few thousand pounds per year, every year to help you to achieve your aims as a community!
A community, Hook Norton in Oxfordshire, who have piloted this have raised more than £500 over the last year and expect to increase this to £1,000 over the next year.
Local United is building this sector in partnership with Good Energy, Ecotricity, Co-operative Energy and Green Energy UK . Communities can participate in the scheme and promote to their members the value of switching energy supplier .
For every individual that signs up within a community 70% of the annual affiliation reward will go straight to you, the local community. This split reflects our guiding principle that this is a new “bottom-up” community-led movement. The remaining 30% will go towards Local United’s continuing activities, providing packs of information, animateurs and mentors to make this new sector thrive and grow.
What is on offer?
For every household switching supplier the following rewards are available:
- Green Energy UK: £30 per year, every year, for each member that remains signed up to electricity only tariffs. Your members have the choice of Pale Green or Deep Green tariffs depending on the renewables mix and price combination that works for them. In addition, all sign ups are entitled to 400 free shares in the company*.
- Good Energy: £20 per year, every year, for each member that remains signed up on an electricity only tariff and £40 per year for a dual fuel tariff. The tariff is Good Energy's 100% renewables tariff as certified by the Green Energy Supply Certification Scheme**.
- Cooperative Energy: £20 per year, every year, for each member who remains signed up. The energy mix is no coal and has <50% average carbon content of the Big 6.
- Ecotricity: £30 per year, every year, for each member that remains signed up on an electricity only tariff and £40 per year for a dual fuel tariff. The tariffs are Ecotricity's "new energy" and "green gas" tariffs.
All of these ethical energy suppliers don't have lots of confusing tariffs with short term deals, but instead offer competitive long term rates with clear pricing structures.
*See Green Energy UK’s Customer Shares page for more information (http://www.greenenergy.uk.com/CustomerShares.aspx#Scheme)
**See Good Energy's partner page for more details.